Mizuho OSI has been one of the leading manufacturers of medical equipment and surgical tables for over 40 years. Their equipment can be found in some of the top surgical centers in the country.
Mizuho's modular table base system allows for the use of three different table tops. These include the orthopedic trauma top, radiolucent imaging top, and, as we will discuss below, the Jackson spinal top.
Mizuho's OSI 5493 Jackson Spinal Surgery Top, also known as a Jackson Table, features an open-frame design and individual positioning pads which help support the patient in the prone position for spinal surgery. The spinal surgery top is designed to be used with Mizuho's 5927 imaging top for 180-degree patient rotation and offers complete radiolucency.
Specifications and Components
Here is a closer look at the Mizuho 5943 Jackson Spinal Table Top Specifications:
• Height Range: 27in-48in
• Lateral Tilt- 25 degrees
• Trendelenburg/Reverse Trendelenburg- 10 degrees
• Patient Weight Capacity- 500lbs
• Table Top Length- 84 in
• Table Top Width- 17 in
Standard components included with the Jackson 5943 Spinal Top include:
• 5840-277 Patient Head Support (faceplate)
• 5840-7569 Tempur-pedic Medical Single Chest Pad
• 5840-580 Single Chest Pad Mounting Bracket
• 5840-24 Leg Board w/ Pad (2)
• 5840-450 Leg Sling
• 5840-45 Buttock Strap
• 5840-43 60” Leg Strap (2)
• 5840-44 90” Leg Strap (4)
• Hip and Thigh Pads
Along with the standard components as mentioned above, optional accessories available for the Jackson 5493 Spinal Surgery Top include:
• Cervical Traction Vector
• Articulating Arm Boards
• Translating Arm Boards
• Retractor Adaptor
• ProneView Protective Helmet System
• Dual Chest Pads
• Mizuho 5321 Wilson Frame
The Jackson Spinal Top can be used in many different specialties, making this table a must for any spinal surgery center. These specialties include:
• Anterior/posterior fusions
• Surgical corrections of deformities
Mizuho's Jackson Spinal Top is designed to work with the modular table base system. We currently offer three models of Mizuho Table Bases that are compatible with the Jackson spinal top; OSI 5803, OSI 5892, and OSI 5890.
1. OSI 5803 Table Base is designed to work with gimbaled OSI modular tops. It features full battery backup and a hand pendant that provides visual confirmation of Rotation Lock Status, Rotation Safety Lock Status, Tilt Drive Status, and Battery Status.
2. OSI 5892 Table Base is designed to work with gimbaled OSI modular tops, features partial battery backup, and has a maximum tilt torque of 55ft-lb and maximum break torque of 95ft-lb.
3. OSI 5890 Table Base utilizes both electrically operated and hand-operated controls. Both height and Trendelenburg adjustments are performed using a hand-operated switch; however, the lateral adjustments are manual. The 5890 does not include the battery backup feature.
What are my next steps?
Click to read about the 5927 Radiolucent Imaging Top or the 5855 Orthopedic Trauma Top.