The Mizuho OSI Orthopedic Trauma Top provides a complete powered table for easy patient positioning and allows for skin or skeletal traction during trauma procedures. Designed with a Traction Arc, the top offers anatomically correct lower extremity skin or skeletal traction. This eliminates the need for a leg spar on the operative side and allows for unrestricted access for the surgeon and C-arm.
Along with maximum radiolucency, the Mizuho orthopedic trauma top is built with a unique composite top that allows for upper and lower extremity imaging at any angle. A dual column design enhances stability, adds strength while reducing weight, and a hand power controller facilitates height, Trendelenburg/reverse Trendelenburg adjustments.
Established in 1978, Mizuho has been a leading brand in surgical tables and medical equipment. Following their mission of improving patient outcomes for people undergoing surgery, Mizuho has designed surgical tables and equipped surgical suites around the world with their top of the line equipment.
Mizuho’s modular table base system allows for three different table tops to be used with the advanced control base. These include an orthopedic trauma top, a spinal surgery top, and a radiolucent imaging top.
Mizuho OSI orthopedic trauma top Specifications
Here is a closer look at the specifications and components used with the 5855 orthopedic trauma top.
• Table Top Length- 84in
• Table Top Width- 21.5in
• Patient Weight Capacity- 500lb
5855 Trauma Top Components
Standard components that are used with the 5855 Orthopedic Trauma Top include:
- 90 Degree Pin and Wire Holder 5855-120
- Traction Slide Assembly 5855-13
- Tibia Counter Traction Assembly 5855-136
- Lateral Perineal Post Assembly 5855-137
- Well Leg Board Assembly 5855-163
- Traction Extension, long (38’) 5855-193
- Ilium Post Assembly 5855-242
- Pad- Counter Traction 5855-243
- Perineal Post, child w/ pad 5855-271
- Cover, 5855 Orthopedic Trauma Top w/o arc 5855-3000
- Center Support Board 5855-319
- Traction Unit 5855-345
- Tibia Traction Upright 5855-411
- Well Leg Basket Assembly 5855-838
- Pad- lateral extension 5855-473
- G.M. Board, right w/ locking knob 5855-518
- G.M. Board, left w/ locking knob 5855-519
- Safety Strap 5855-550
- Traction Extension, short 5855-578
- Accessory Clamp 5855-61
- Drapery Rod Assembly 5855-612
- Head End Drapery Post, Weldment 5855-615
- Foot End Drapery Post, Weldment 5855-617
- Pad- lateral post, lower 5855-628
- Leg Spar Upright 5855-644
- Traction Unit Upright, left 5855-672
- Traction Unit Upright, right 5855-673
- Radiolucent Leg Spar 5855-752
- Well Leg Lower Swing Arm 5855-753
- Lower Leg Support Assembly 5855-76
- Universal Side Rail Adaptor 6in 6977-959
- Traction Boot with foot plate, small, left and right 5855-863
- Traction boot with foot plate, large, left and right 5855-864
- Table Top Assembly 5855-900
- Transfer Board Assembly 5855-911
- Orthopedic Traction Arc Cart 5863
- Tabletop Support Assembly 5890-81
Some optional accessories for this tabletop include a Cross Arm Support, Clark Support, and Lateral Arm Board Set.
Compatible Mizuho OSI Table Bases
As mentioned above, the trauma top is designed for use with Mizuho's modular table base. The Modular Table Base interfaces with a C-arm easily and is used in orthopedic fracture, trauma, and pelvic reconstruction. Powered lateral tilt and table articulations make this table base among one of the most sought after in the market.
We currently offer three models of Mizuho Table Bases that are compatible with the Mizhuo OSI orthopedic trauma top; OSI 5803, OSI 5892, and OSI 5890.
1. (Full Battery Backup) OSI 5803 Table Base is designed to work with gimbaled OSI modular tops and features full battery backup and a hand pendant that controls height, lateral tilt, and Trendelenburg/reverse Trendelenburg.
2. (Partial Battery Backup) OSI 5892 Table Base is designed to work with gimbaled OSI modular tops and features a tilt drive status indicator light, traction pulley, and partial battery backup.
3. (Manual) OSI 5890 Table Base utilizes both electrically operated and hand-operated controls. The 5890 Table Base does not have battery backup and requires manual lateral rotation.
What are the next steps?
Click to learn more about this Orthopedic 5855 Trauma Top or read about the Spinal Surgery Top or the Radiolucent Imaging Top.